The Sword Review in print

Just received my contributor copy of The Sword Review in the mail yesterday--it looks really nice. I know, all these things were available online for free, but if you enjoyed the stories and (like me) would rather read sitting on the couch or riding the exercise bike instead of sitting at the computer, go buy a copy! (I don't get paid royalties or anything for this, so I'm not pushing this because I would get more money if you bought it--I won't. I just think it's a very nice product that's worth checking out.) It's published through Lulu, so even though I tend to be leery of the type of self-published books that come from Lulu and similar vanity publishers, this speaks nicely for the quality of the process at least, of the physical object.

This issue, by the way, has both the story "Treasure from the God" and the essay/editorial (I forget exactly what they called it) "Arnie's Eyes."

Comments

Me said…
Cool.

I wish our newsagencies over here sold magazines like that. I've tried a few and only come up with one type called Interzone. So not fair living all the way out here in the middle of nowhere... sometimes.

Congrats for being in their twice. *lotsa flamey guys*
Daniel Ausema said…
Thanks, Sam. This doesn't appear on shelves anywhere either--people have to order it specifically. And you could order it online from Lulu as well, though I don't know what the shipping would be. Interzone is supposed to be a very good magazine, though I haven't read it. It's from the UK. You should look for Aurealis and Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine, both Australian print mags. Both have good reputations. Ralans lists Fables and Reflections as another Australian print mag, which only accepts Aussie writers (hint, hint :) ), but I don't know anything about them.
I still really love that particular Sword Review issue cover. Pretty.
Daniel Ausema said…
Yes, I agree--a very nice juxtaposition.
Me said…
Thanks, Dan!

I am aware of Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine and that's the one I have been looking for, but as yet I haven't found it. I'll have to keep an eye out for the other two as well, and definitely check out the one that only accepts Aussie writes. Thanks for the hint. :P