The Reckoning of Asphodel

Here's a plug for a friend of mine. Celina Summers has been of tremendous help to me in reading and critiquing many of my first drafts, and she has her first book out now from Aspen Mountain Press: The Reckoning of Asphodel. It's available now as an ebook, and will come out in print in January (at least that's the current schedule). I have a link to her blog in the sidebar ("Elf-killing...")--here's her website.

Now, I've not read this book, except for the opening to the story a couple of times in draft form. But I've read enough of her writing to know it will be very readable (and I'm convinced that once her Darkshifters 2-book series is published, you'll be hearing her name all around, maybe even on the bestseller lists...).

Yes, this story has elves. Yes, you know my feeling about elves in fantasy. Even so, I'm plugging it...so that tells you something, right? It also riffs off of Greek mythology, something you don't often see combined with elves. So I'm confident it'll be a worthy read. I hope to get to it soon myself, but if you've read it, feel free to let me know what you thought.

Comments