Whew, we made it

A two-hour trip...usually. It took us something like four, and what makes it especially crazy is that the last hour and a half went about as normal. The first what should have been about 30 minutes was what dragged out for five times as long. We were going 5-10 mph from Dillon up to the tunnel that's at the Continental Divide in three lanes of bumper-to-bumper traffic. I can remember being excited when we got up to 15, because at least it meant we might get down to Denver today... It really wasn't dangerous driving--no one was driving fast enough to be any real danger to others. The worst (apart from the tediousness of driving so slowly in such congestion) was when we'd get to a stop--then as I started, my tires would invariably fishtail. Now much of I-70 is apparently closed, so I'm glad we got out when we did.

Now there's the matter of trying to get settled back in and unpacked, which always seems to take us longer than I expect it to. It may be a little while before I get back into the swing of writing.

Comments