Book Club at the pub

Just got back from our latest (roughly) monthly book club meeting. I used to do little reports on those here, so I suppose I'll resume that. It's a great group of guys: a few engineers, a banker, a small-town paper reporter, a university psych prof, an OB-Gyn doc... with a 30+ year age range between the youngest and oldest, so we get a lot of different perspectives.

Beer of choice tonight: Bourbon-barrel porter. Very good beer.

Book: In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick. I've already blogged about the book twice, so no need to say more. But the discussion was good.

It was my turn to bring suggestions this month, so from the seven or so I brought, we chose The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz. I've been wanting to read that for a while, so I'm looking forward to that. I've been saving up a collection of titles that I thought would be good for the group and now suddenly have all of them out from the library, so I hope to get to at least a few of the others as well...but that always depends on how much time I find for reading.

Comments